What we drank this week (and how we felt about it), in no particular order.
1. J. Rieger & Co. Kansas City Whiskey with an ice cube ... crisp and clean with dark caramel notes and sherry streaks throughout! The cube/water helps to open up the flavors and really allows the nose to be expressed while calming down the 92 proof beverage. - Michael
2. Good chats with the Black Mesa Brewing Co. guys over their Blonde and ESB beers at the spunky new Pump Bar in OKC. - Jason
3. Enjoying the Golden Needles tea from Jasmine Pearl Tea Merchants lately. About time to stock back up!
4. Subtle chocolate and malty refreshing goodness made for a good start to 2015 with KC collaboration Chocolate Ale from Boulevard Brewing & Elbow Chocolate. - Sadie
5. 2012 JC von Staden Petite Sirah (Lodi, CA): One of my favorite domestic varietals! Big and inky with the backbone to stand up to a substantial dinner. Although I chose to drink it by itself and make it my meal!
6. Crap! So many great coffee drinks on my coffee Oklahoma visit. It has to be a tie between the service and drink combo at Coffee Slingers with a double espresso of their Huckleberry blend, and a latte at Kitchen 324 using a Mariposa Coffee blend. - Jason
7. Portland coffee visits included Albina Press, Good Coffee, Stumptown, Extracto, and Case Study Coffee this week. - Emily
8. A long, productive afternoon was fueled with multiple refills of french pressed house coffee in a diner mug at Bean Cycle, & making new friends in Fort Collins has begun with the baristas. - Sadie
9. A Worthy Brewing Kolsch was refreshing after a long week. - Emily.
10. New Year's Eve is always a special drinking occasion for me. Board games, conversations with special friends and glasses of Tenuta Monteti's 2010 Caburnio IGT Toscana (a unique connection to Pliny the Elder) and Aia Vecchia Lagone Toscana 2011 made ringing in 2015 a special night. - Jason
~ Join the Conversation ~